Another lovely indie bundle is up for purchase right now. The latest Indie Royale Bundle offers gamers several A-1 indie titles for just a fraction of the cost. I was pleasantly surprised with the line-up in this bundle and have been enjoying each title so far. There’s only 3 days left so you better hurry up and buy this bundle while you can. Most of the titles are available with a DRM free direct download but also include either a Steam or Desura Key. Here’s a list of the games inside:
– Hard Reset (by Flying Wild Hogs) – This bad boy takes the cyberpunk 1st person shooter to a whole new level. The gameplay is very arcade-like for a first person shooter. Think Doom, Painkiller, and Serious Sam, set in a futuristic cyberpunk setting. This is one of the most graphically impressive FPS indie games I’ve ever played. Not only does it look good, but the environments and atmosphere are incredible. If you’ve been looking for that classic ‘mindless shooter’ experience then you’ll find that your money has been well spent on this title alone. This is a straight-up shooter experience though, so don’t expect the kind of immersion you’d find in something like Deus Ex or Human Revolution.
– Jolly Rover (by Brawsome) – Fans of 2D Cartoon-like point and click adventure games will be pleased with this particular title. Fully voiced and fully animated, Jolly Rover is a pirate themed adventure game. A Pirate themed adventure game starring mans best friend that is. Fans of Monkey Island and other classic point and click adventure games will enjoy the art style, the humour, the voice acting (which is actually good), and most importantly the story.
– Vertex Dispenser (by brog) – This abstract strategy game is the type of game you won’t come across every day. Emphasis on ‘abstract’, I haven’t played another strategy game quite like Vertex Dispenser. In fact, I’m still learning how to play it and formulate good strategies. Definitely an interesting title though. I’m looking forward to learning the ins and outs of this one so that I can actually become good enough to compete against (and hopefully defeat) someone in the online mode.
– DLC Quest (by Going Loud Studios) – DLC Quest is a parody of the industries love affair with excessive DLC content. This action platformer reminds me quite a bit of Super Mario meets Wonder Boy in Monster Land. Collecting coins in this particular platformer is necessary if you want to be able to buy extra DLC within the game which will unlock and enable all of the extra features needed to complete it.
– Bonus Game: Lair of the Evildoer (by Going Loud Studios) – This Bonus title is an action RPG shooter with procedurally generated levels. The best way I can describe this one is R.I.P meets Alien Shooter meets Diablo. It’s a silly little adventure with a humorous style that works well enough. There are 20 levels, numerous weapons, enemies, and loot drops that make Lair of the Evildoer a simple but fun little action RPG game.
Be sure to head over to the Indie Royale website and pick this bundle up while you can! All of these games are well worth the base price and more.