Haven’t had enough turn-based, classically inspired, fantasy Role-Playing gameplay over the past few months? Not to worry, Spiderweb Software has got you covered with a sequel to their latest RPG saga titled Avadon 2: The Corruption. Much like the first Avadon game, players get to become an agent of Avadon, upholding the law and bringing justice to those who would dare challenge it’s might. However, a new power has risen to defy Avadon and all it stands for. Will you fight for Avadon and defeat it’s many enemies? Or will you join them and put an end to Avadon’s power once and for all?
Similar to previous Spiderweb Software RPG’s, the Avadon series allows players to make choices that will affect the direction and ultimately the outcome of the story. The classic RPG experience is still intact, but Avadon, more than any other series released by Spiderweb Software, captures the essence of classic top-down 2D Role-Playing Games such as Baldur’s Gate and The Temple of Elemental Evil, mixed with the epic, vast world feeling, and carefully weaved story and decision making found in the Dragon Age games. It’s a fantastic combination of both style and substance that keeps RPG gamers coming back for each new iteration released. While not the most impressive of games graphically, Avadon, as with all Spiderweb Software games, is more about the delivery of it’s carefully crafted story, and the numerous choices that players can make to influence it along the way.
Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:
- Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
- Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
- Uncover the fascinating histories of Avadon and the many lands of Lynaeus.
- Many different endings. Will you be loyal to Avadon or switch sides and bring it down? The choice is yours!
- Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
- Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
- Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with Avadon: The Black Fortress is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 2.
Avadon 2: The Corruption is set to release this Fall, hopefully early November if everything pans out. It will initially be available on Windows, Mac, and iPad. Watch the recently released trailer, get pumped up by it’s epic music, and then head over to the Spiderweb Software website where you can learn more about Avadon 2: The Corruption and it’s epic new story and gameplay.